Episode 65 is here! Think of temptation as a situation, 1 Corinthians 10:13-14 says we are given a way of escape but the escape route is not a way out of the temptation, but a way through the temptation. We are able to endure because of the exit strategy God has given. The escape route is a way out of our thinking and desires—meaning a way out of ourselves.
Any questions you can go to email@example.com
Of course to support us monetarily visit patreon.com/realchurchmatters
The Escape Route
1 Corinthians 10:13-14
No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry.
- The temptations or trials you face are not unique to you, they are the trials, test and challenges every human being will face. You’re not special. It’s not a you thing it’s a human thing.
- God’s faithfulness isn’t just found in the good times, but even in the hard times because even in the trials you are never placed in something you cannot endure (bear).
- In your temptation you are given a way of escape so that you might be able to endure or bear the temptation. The escape route is not a way out of the temptation, but a way through the temptation. We are able to endure because of the exit strategy God has given. The escape route is a way out of my thinking and desires—meaning a way out of myself.
- We aren’t fleeing where our bodies are located, we are fleeing where our hearts are located.
2 Timothy 2:26
and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will.
- 2 Peter 1:4 by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire.
- 2 Peter 2:20 For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world through the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first.
Therefore we must pay much closer attention to what we have heard, lest we drift away from it. For since the message declared by angels proved to be reliable, and every transgression or disobedience received a just retribution, how shall we escape if we neglect such a great salvation? It was declared at first by the Lord, and it was attested to us by those who heard,